Sunday, February 27, 2011

100 posts!

I've made it to 100 blog posts!


In light of the Academy Awards tonight, I'd like to take the time to thank all the people who made it possible for me to get here:

First, I'd like to thank all of my English teachers, especially through high school and college, who inculcated in me a love for good writing and writing well. My college ENGL 109H teacher, Jack Skeffington, was especially encouraging. Writing is a skill like anything else, he would say—you only get better with practice. I took that line seriously, and so this blog was born to practice my writing. [Plus, he introduced me to David Foster Wallace, and so of course I'm indebted to him for that.]

I also owe a lot to my friends, with whom I've had many conversations that have inspired blog posts. I always learn something new from all of you (and I realize how much I depend on you for ideas because when we're on school vacations I have a hard time coming up with blog posts).

To the readers and commentators on the blog, a big thank you! It really makes my day when I hear someone mention a blog post of mine they liked, or when I see a new comment on my Blogger dashboard.

And, of course, I'd be amiss if I didn't mention my family's support too. I'm not sure how aware they are of this blog, but it doesn't matter. They're responsible for supporting the person behind the blog.

1 comment: