Brussels Sprout Subji
1 pound of Brussels Sprouts
1 medium-sized onion
1 small piece of green chili
1 chunk of ginger
3 teaspoons coriander seed powder
1/3 teaspoon tumeric powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder [depending on how much you can handle]
1. Boil the Brussels Sprouts. You'll know they're done when you're able to smash them easily.
2. Meanwhile, chop the onion, chili and ginger and fry it in vegetable oil. When the onions are slightly golden, add the chopped tomatoes.
3. Let the tomato mixture cook until the tomatoes become a pulp. Then add the spices. Mix well. Make sure that the mixture doesn't dry out—if you find that it's getting dry, cover the pan with a lid.
4. When the Brussels sprouts are done, scoop them out of the pot and place them in the tomato mixture. Then mash some of them, so that they soak up the flavor. Add salt, and then let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Eat with roti, naan, or rice.